Loop complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the “Act”) when dealing with personal information. Personal Information is about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
Loop is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Loop may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto our website or notifying you via the Loop App. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy or notify you via the Loop App.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Collection of Personal Information
We collect personal information about you from:
- you when you provide us that personal information, including via our website or mobile device application, through the application process, through any contact with us or when you use our services and Loop’s Cars;
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
We may also collect personal information from you directly.
How we use your Personal Information
If you have provided us with personal information, we will use it:
- for the technical administration of our services and for processing your requests;
- for product-related surveys and marketing purposes, such as notifying you of new offers. You can opt out of receiving marketing at any time by notifying us (Hello@loopcarshare.com).
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you;
- to undertake credit checks of you or background checks;
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions;
- to respond to communication from you, including a complaint;
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis);
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
Disclosing your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system, any party that is the provider of a payment service platform or provider of a data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products;
- a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you;
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information);
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority);
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency);
- any other person authorised by you.
A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is safe from loss, unauthorised activity or other misuse. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information we collect.
Accessing and Correcting your personal information
Subject to the Act, you may access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
The website can contain hyperlinks to third parties’ websites. They are provided for information purposes only. Loop cannot be held liable for their content.